To comply with the recent FTC ruling over bloggers getting paid to write stuff, we offer the following disclosure policy. If you’re reading Milkcan blog, you should assume the following:
- Milkcan writers / editors make money from every post.
- Every link on this blog is a paid link. If it is not a paid link, then it was an oversight on our part and it will become a paid link soon.
- Every product or service that is written about on this blog, our writers / editors get for free. If we didn’t get it for free, then there was a miss-communication with the company that sent it and we will be billing them for the cost so the product becomes free.
- We make money from every tweet sent out on Twitter. If our writers / editors didn’t make money on the tweet, then it was an oversight on our part and it will be corrected soon.
- If you email us, all of the information in your email is ours to do with as we please, such as exploit for financial profit, use as blackmail, or quote on my blog.
- The T-shirts you see us wearing at trade shows. We get paid to wear them. If we didn’t get paid to wear them, then it means we ran out of paid shirts and had to wear a free one. In which case, we will go to the company that gave us the free shirt and ask them to sponsor it.
- Just because we get paid to blog, tweet, wear T-shirts, etc. does NOT mean we will give you or your company a positive review, blog post or endorsement.
Hopefully, the above statement clears up any misunderstanding you may have about our blog posts or Twitter tweets. If you have any questions, you can contact us at my contact page.